Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

March 2014

oldroverboy.

Went to visit an old friend who is married to a farmer, and in the barn 1 Austin 1300 GT (headlamp units missing) covered in various droppings and partly covered by a tarpaulin.

Doesn't look in bad nick! Read more

Andrew-T

I don't suppose he wants to sell it does he?

He might even give it away?...

Winton Wightman

About time! however, don't be surprised if some clot removes it again in the future, as Gordon Brown did in 1997... Read more

brandy angelina

Useful discussion , Incidentally , if anyone is searching for a IRS 8404 , my kids saw a blank form here goo.gl/382sxC .

David

Agreed. But there are two points to make here.

First, where do these lovely politically correct low or zero emissions vehicles come from? Of course, they are manufactured, and what about the emissions from this process? Volvo did a study a couple of decades ago saying that the emissions created in making one new car were equivalent to running an old classic for around fifteen years. So legislating an old classic off the road – causing a new low emissions car to be bought – is utterly counterproductive, actually causing far more pollution in the great scheme of things.... Read more

Chris brookes

They should exempt classics as there aren't enough of them to have any great impact. I drive a (Euro 5 LEZ compliant) lorry in London frequently and can state that if Boris wants to improve the air quality he needs to sort out all those ancient black cabs before he picks on classics.

David Jones77

If you have to explore new horizons in science and at the same time write your assey, it can be very challenging for a student who is just not used to it. It is for this kind of thing that I recommend you to use essaytutorials.net . It's a service that will give you a great opportunity to write your essay and you're not really needed there. You just have to specify the topic and the dissertation will be written for you. Read more

J E R R Y

Not everyone shines with the mind, but the worst bully in the school can also be an excellent student, and when teachers give so many homework. I, like most of my peers, use this site allessay.org/charles-edwards to help me stay calm.

meerkat mitch

Another example of Saab's excellent customer service ;o) Read more

Starm Rio

If you're looking to get more diamonds and coins in Pet Simulator X at Uptomods, then you've come to the right place! In this blog post, we'll give you some tips and tricks on how to get more of both. Read more

rob thailand

Company cars were so important to salesmen.
My first was a 1965 Hillman Imp - takeover equaled redundancy
Van sales took over with an Austin LD 30 cwt then an FG with the 45 degree doors
Then agricultural sales 1974 brand new Ford Consul Estate 2.5 V6 followed by a Peugeot 504 estate these were some sort of company cars as most were driving Vivas and Marinas and even Allegros.
Moved to Pharma Veterinary 1977 Cavalier 1300!! mk1 blew it up 3 times
Then Cortina 1600s times 4 - loved em
Then Sierras 1800s times 6 - great cars
Cavalier 1800 then a 2000
Vectra 2.5 and 2.6
Volvo S60 D5 Then retired
It was still magic picking up your new company car. (had various 2nd hand company cars when joining companies Marina 1.8 - really fast and faster than my next - a Mk3 Cortina 2.0 GT can you believe?)
Also ran my own cars and super bikes - a bit of a petrol head I must admit. Read more

rob thailand

Wow Steve you cerainly worked for far sighted companies but more likely you earned promotion - it always amazed me how pathetic the company car lists were in the 70s and 80s. Office managers got better cars than the guys driving 40 - 50 k a year. It was only when the perk of a company car was taken away, by heavily taxing them, that companies had to rethink their policies. Remember the fixed car phone? Had to pay one pound a week tax on that because the revenue considered it a yuppie phone. Also cars became more reliable and in my case working for global pharma, cars that were changed at 40 K ended up having to last for 120K. Paying top big tax on old much depreciated bangers.

Jeff Patterson

I sold this car to the guy who is selling it last year. Its a lovely car and was a special commission by the first owner who wanted it in this colour. He had to wait 6 weeks for the car to be made and delivered. I only sold it as I had too many cars at the time. I picked up a lots of trophies with this car Read more

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote