Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

July 2004

Wee Willie Winkie

All,

For once reason or another, my MG Midget and myself have parted company. I'm missing having something in the garage, so am thinking of going for another classic car that is easy to maintain. My initial thoughts are a VW Beetle. It would have to be pre 1973 (not only for RFL, but also I don't like the later models), and ideally the 1300.

I've had a look around and there are all sorts about. Cal-look, original, baja etc etc. I'm quite attracted the Baja, must be the boy racer in me!

I know the basics that I should be looking out for with the Beetle - rot. Heater channels, floorpan etc etc.

Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom that they'd like to share with me on VeeDub ownershop?

Cheers.

DB Read more

footy_72

go to www.volkszone.com/VZi and use the forums there for anything you need to know about aircooled veedub ownership.

welcome to the club!!

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote