Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

September 2017

David Walshe

There's a place reserved for the C6 along side the Avantime in my virtual dream garage. Has to be petrol. In there as well is an Alfa 8C, an Abarth 500, an RS6 Avant, MkVI Golf GTi, Honda NSX, M2, Panda 4wd and Fiat 127 1050. Read more

Well, they may have just turned another corner....I bought a used C6 exclusive 3.0 HDI here in Oz in 2017 (it's now 2019) for AUD22,000. There aren't many 3.0 HDI versions here, and it would seem that they're the most desirable version. Lately, three 2.7L versions have sold for around AUD30,000 and I believe the 3.0L HDI version could fetch about AUD32,000. Needless to say, I'm not selling mine! The 3.0 HDI versions are becoming collectibles here in Oz.

RJP41

I had a 1.8 D 1989 Orion used to commute and work related driving it did over 250.000 miles apart from a gearbox failure at 190K it was very reliable easy to maintain ( regular cam belt changes ) amazingly economical 76 mpg plus on a run friends did not believe me so filled the tank and in mixed driving did over 800 miles.
not the quickest but just as fast as any BMW in a traffic jam,sold it to a guy who went on to 350.000 miles and was still running fine several years later.I did regret selling as wife wanted a focus 2.0 diesel worst car we have ever owed very unreliable sold it at a huge loss. Read more

eukiwi

I can remember my mum getting a Mk1 facelift Mondeo. It was one of the new generation of turbodiesels and whilst it had epic lag, man did it go. It was a fantastic car to drive.

I was in my home country of New Zealand at that point and I remember her and my dad driving up to visit me in Auckland and, of course, insisting I drive them everywhere as a local. The centre of Auckland has a LOT of hills, and so you can imagine with the 1-2s turbo lag it was a bit tricky... got used to it soon enough though :) Read more

Matthew King 80

Nearly all sc***ped sadly.

The diesel wasn't direct Injection, and the benchmark for handling was the Primera not the Cavalier! Lazy Honest John! :)

Bronan the Brobarian

Ugh, just the worst car company ever (next to Dacia). Mixing the words Vauxhall and Heritage is like slopping coke into 18 year old Glenfiddich. Read more

Howard Buchanan

Vauxhall did tend to carry the can as the scapegoat rust bucket at a time when most cars ended up looking like colanders. Our early family Viva rusted in places we didn't know possible- good job it was finished in darkish red anyway.
For foreign cars, Lancia and Fiat led the field in the Corrosion Stakes. Today, cars die from ailments for which no cheap and easy fix with a welding torch, filler and Dupli Colour can is possible.

ROBERT LARGE

I have just retired & closed my vintage & classic vehicle restoration business. I am now nearly 70 years of age & wondered if you would be interested in having all my tools & workshop equipment left to you in my will as I cannot think of anyone else to leave them to. I still use them on my own vehicles at the moment, but there will come a time when I will not be able to. If you are interested in accepting this donation then please phone me on 07799165319 Yours Sincerely Robert Large. Read more

ROBERT LARGE

Can I make it clear that the above offer is for Beaulieu Motor Museum. Yours Sincerely Robert Large.

Tenchman7

Problem being that Edd China was the redeeming factor!! Read more

G. Nolten

It's so sad to see everything is about money. If they think they can make more money by making a program for 5 million car 'enthusiasts' instead of making a program for 500,000 petrolheads then they are wrong!
I truly hope that Ed China will start with a new production company to make his own program for the real petrolheads.

I have a 2001 GLX Turbo -- it is really fun to drive, has plenty of power, and handles great. I love it. I am not a fan of the newest incarnation -- it is way too big -- and the taillights are so wrong. I am hoping VW is smart enough to make the next generation electric…and put the engine in the back, where it belongs. We shall see. Read more

hendersonross

Thanks for this article. It handles well, is powerful enough, and is a lot of fun to drive. My favorite. The newest iteration is not my favorite because it is excessively huge and the taillights are terribly incorrect. Today, a lot of people encounter circumstances when they urgently want money. Suppose, for instance, that your car breaks down. You can get assistance from https://northnloans.ca/quick-loans/ to handle this circumstance. You don't need to go to the bank to get money to apply for a loan. This business provides a safe loan via a mobile application. If you're unsure, just visit the website to see how simple and risk-free it is.

Kevin Sharman

Having been a mot tester myself (retired) and the owner of a 1976 Cortina I find the idea stupid.
The number of classic cars I have tested that outwardly look to be in mint condition,Highly polished, nice interior but mechanical deathtraps owing to the fact that the owner knows no better is limitless.
One example that I remember was being called to mot a lovely 1972 mk1 Capri with only 21000 miles on the clock from new. The owner had recently acquired the vehicle and driven 10 miles to us.
Upon inspection I found the steering rack so worn that the steering arm was about to come away from the rack.
My point is imagine the situation or similar of 40 yr plus vehicles being free of mot testing in the above situation ,who knows what could of happened.
E type jags full of filler Triumph Stags leaking petrol etc etc But all good to look at on the drive Memories Memories and all relatively recent
Not a good idea
My Cortina will still get its annual test and any faults found will be rectified.
I wonder if insurance companies would give a discount for vehicles that have a annual test in the future.

KGS
Read more

Classical

Nothing to do with the EU Harrovian, all to do with the UK government alone!

JH72

The Aston DB7 used Mazda 323F rear lights Read more

djmgw

Citroen CX wing mirrors on many low volume cars in the 80's being pedestal mounted, electrically adjusted and heated.

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote