Quantcast
Have your say in our new Classics Forum: Join the discussion here... | No thanks

March 2017

AlastairW

I know a lady who owns one. Hideously unreliable, though that is mostly the stupid automatic gearbox rather than the pluriel bits. Read more

elekie&a/c doctor

It was fragile when new.Even worse today.It will only be a classic for its unreliable roof system.

John Doneghan

Absolutely spot on. I watch Wheeler Dealers for the mechanics,not Mike. If Velocity want to reduce the time showing the mechanics of the cars then I truly believe that this is the beginning of the end for Wheeler Dealers. People are'nt going to want to sit and watch Mike Brewer for the majority of the show. Hopefully when viewing figures start to drop,this is just to save money remember, maybe Velocity might change their minds,I doubt it.
Changing a winning formula usually means its not a good thing to do,but.......

John D. Read more

Casey Chapman

The production company just lost a great show by being "thrifty". I tried to watch a you tube of the replacement talking about a project of some sort. So boring, I did not finish the video.

Patrick hewison

Beautiful wot more can you say
Also can someone loan me £94000 thanks
Lol Read more

Peter McGuire

Nice selection of kit but how about stocking rubber bumpers to "modernize" pre 1974 MGB's? Read more

anglebox

Time to retire the show? Or will Ant take it to a whole new level? Read more

simon john

come on Edd get your own show in the UK there is more than enough car progs from the US of A,Come home sod the yanks.

Nick Cornwell-Menzies

Sad to hear Edd is to leave Wheeler Dealers, but like Edd I felt going 'State-side' has changed the 'feel' of the series, taking it off in a direction I for one was fast beginning to lose interest in. Wheeler Dealers was at its best covering our own native and European car industries which is where most of the interest this side of the pond is found. Good luck to him, hats-off for retaining integrity which is seldom the case nowadays, and with a bit of luck the BBC will entice him to Top Gear and eventually Ant too! I might even start watching TG again 'cos it certainly ain't working as it is at the moment! Read more

Alan Sword

So sad to hear this. Personally I like Ant Anstead & would love to see him & Edd do a new series together. I'd hate to see Edd go to Top Gear as I'd long turned off when all the fake scenarios got boring & the same every week. One thing that did disappoint me was that Mike didn't stand together with Edd & support him. I know a lot of people give Mike a hard time but I genuinely enjoyed watching both of them interact together. I gave up watching shows like Fast and Loud & Misfit Garage ( or whatever it was called) because all they did was yap away or shout at each other with very little actual fixing cars. Edd will be back Im sure & maybe this time with a co-host who has the same ideas/ideals that he has. All the best Edd

Ed china was what made this show so watchable he was so skilled not just a mouthpiece
Read more

TREVOR WHYTE

Oh dear Mike,what have you done.Edd could be filmed down at almost any auction buying classic cars untried(almost) and doing what he is good at(and what we want to see).
Edd can now,single handed,give us the continuation of a great show which,i for one,really look forward to,i just hope that Edd negotiates a really good deal with a free to air channel that we can all sit back and enjoy.
Goodbye Mike(and the best of luck,i think you will need it).

G Harper

Yeah right but you will be talking to yourself as we won't be watching Read more

"Ant is great....." You've got to be joking???? Promo photos where he folds his arms and uses one hand to push out a bicep - Jesus! You just KNOW he'd LOVE to be introduced as "Ladies man, racing driver, and all round hero Ant Anstead....." but none of that would be true 'Ant'. He's an ex-policeman for God's sake! And the STORIES he tells about that! Just an awful self-promoting, self-loving irritant.
Wheeler Dealers is no more.

Mark Vawser

A worthy car for the top 10 classics from Wheeler Dealers. These cars have an amazing survival rate which is unlikely to be matched by any current models. These cars are sufficiently interesting to enjoy for the long term. I know since I purchased my Triumph Stag brand new in 1973 and I have never regretted keeping it. I also own a Mercedes SL - R230 which I regard has a future classic but I still adore my Triumph Stag. Read more

Bilboman

Some great Volvo stories here from one who knows (a police driver): hampshireconstabularyhistory.org.uk/?page_id=722 Read more

mart37

I was given a 1991 240 estate a few years ago in America. The owner couldn't start it! (it was a broken serpentine belt). Anyway I took the head off and gave it top end overhaul. I was amazed that the valves were hardly worn, 'just needing a quick lick with fine paste. The bores were like new, I could still see the honeing marks, and there was no 'lip at the top of the bore. This was on a engine with 249,000 miles on the clock! I fitted a new water pump, valve springs, and gently 'ported the inlets and cleaned up the combustion chambers to a mirror finish.. The other thing I had to replace were the door side pockets A guy came up to S.F. from L.A, to buy it when I came back to this multi cultural country!

1 2

Amount to borrow
Sorry. The minimum loan amount is £1000
To pay back over

My credit score

Best available rate 9.20%

Total repayment £9,304.93

Total cost of credit £1,804.93

£155.08

60 monthly payments

Apply now

Representative example

The Representative APR is 13.2% (fixed) so if you borrow £7,500 over 4 years at a rate of 13.2% p.a (fixed) you will repay £199.21 per month and repay £9562.20 in total.

;