Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

June 2016

Harley Williams

The warehouse they built with a museum-like atmosphere must be a paradise for classic car enthusiasts. The open-sided warehouse holds about 130 cars, mostly American but also some soccer skills world cup models and trucks, certainly a sight to behold. Read more

hipfar

Just a question, there are only 6 Mazda 626 2.5gt V6 abs left in the uk, how come these are not listed? lovely car, superb to drive, very reliable, spacious but never mentioned! Read more

Frederik Moorman van Kappen

In the Netherlands I once owned a blue Maestro Mayfair, I loved the plastic wood door cappings, luxurious upholstery and matte metal door mirrors. Compared to contemporary VW Golf cars, I noticed how cavernous they were and how little passenger space they offered. I had the 1600 s engine which had adequate grunt. After losing this car in a traffic accident I looked for another one and came across a white mg maestro 1600. What a delightful car: gurgling webers, close ratio gearbox, excellent sports seats. And, let's not forget the digital dashboard and speaking board computer.
I still miss it and if I ever come across a LHD example, it will be mine!

So quit the Maestro bashing, compared to a VW Golf I couldn't find one point in which the VW was better than the Maestro.
Thank you British Leyland.

golf 3 lover

Hello all,
you will not believe I am using this car even till now and I use to drive the car every day to office as far as 55 miles and is the best ever produce by VW because interestingly, I have to buy golf 3 for my wife and the money I have slept for maintainers is more than that golf 2 that I am using even more frequently.
The two major faulty I find in golf 2 is the head light that don't focus at night for good visibility and my gear box is given me issues too precisely the gear seal constantly get issue and that was due to lack of original spare part in the part of the world I am (Nigeria) which is making me to be thinking of trying Toyota produce for perfect solution.

Thanks. Read more

spsrich

Wonderful pix. I am sure the backstory is extremely interesting as well - wish we could get it! Read more

Lord Brasic

It was never going to catch on when it was new, but now 2 lucky people own one. Its all about playing the numbers game. Read more

David From Sheffield

'BL’s old Princess changed sex in 1982 ' ... Because of course there could never be a female diplomat.

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote