Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

March 2018

InfraRedST220Saloon

I currently own an ST220 and has been the only car that I've owned the longest, every time I get in and drive it it brings a smile to my face, it may be 16 years old but can still keep up with lots of modern cars, plus its got enough toys to keep me from being bored and still looks great for its age, will definitely be holding on to it for the foreseeable. Read more

Clive M

I bought my 2006 ST220 just over 3 yrs ago with 68,00 mls on from it's 2nd owner who bought it with 13,000mls on it. He spent a fortune on it like a £1,700 double din sized satnav and a new set of 18" RS alloys rather than repair the kerbed originals. I paid just £2,000 as he foolishly put it on Ebay as he wanted a quick sale as he was going back home to the States. I've just replaced the rear crankshaft oil seal but as the clutch plate only had about 10.000 mls left on it i put a 3 piece clutch in it retaining the flywheel as it was perfect. Other than that i've only replaced the rear shocks and 1 Lambda sensor. Yes it's £550 to tax it and does 18mpg as i rarely use the motorway but only do 4,000 mls a year. Being Panther black metallic with the red leather interior it is even rarer than the more common bright blue models. The body is rust free and untill a fortnight ago was perfect but a foreign woman decided she preferred driving on my side of the road and i just managed to glance off her bumper denting my o/s wing but i have a perfect 2nd hand one to fit.I'd say it's the ultimate wolf in sheeps clothing as i've made many so called fast cars and their drivers look stupid. Definitely a future classic which will only go up in value as i've been offered 4 and 5 grand from 2 people in the last year.

Classical

A range of 65 miles is not really practical! Read more

flumff

Range wont be a problem.
It cant go on the road, NCAP rating!
They have always been deadly in a crash.

Pug RCZ

At only £850 it's just a weeks/fortnights/monthly wage ...

I do think you need to factor in the same amount per month to keep her on the road.

Read more

A Daley

Great motor the XK8. I never worried my pretty little head about the Ford switchgear or lack of sportiness. It was a proper grand tourer and damn good at it. It looked lovely, beautiful lines and turned heads. The V8 was smooth but had a kick when needed. And the dashboard burr walnut was a joy to behold. Any less than perfect XK8's out there need to be saved/restored because I have no doubt in coming years they will become even more desirable and prices will soar. These cars make you feel like a million dollars. Give me a smart convertible, a sunny mountainside road to drive on, and Matt Monroe on the CD singing 'On days like these' and I'll be a happy man. Lovely jubbly! Read more

Arland Green

I met my 2005 XKR on a Chicago dealer's showroom floor. It was, and still is, drop dead gorgeous- Pacific blue with the off white interior, and a dark blue convertible top. After a short but awesome test drive, including women honking and waving at me, we arrived at a price, and my branch bank cut a cashier's check from my checking acct. ount while I watched the mouth of the salesman drop open as I drove him back in my new XKR. It wasn't long before the Wisconsin MY XKR plate arrived and thus began a love affair that has lasted until today. It has 131,000 miles on it. On its 5th birthday it was increased to 510 HP at a cost of $9,378.00. On its 16th birthday it got an $18,000.00 makeover- new UK Hides for the Recaros, new show paint, refinished 20" BBS Montreals, new Brembo's, new white light conversions, Continental GT's, hoses, coils,the works. Every mile has been a GT dream.

The Gingerous One

Oh I still use mine as my daily, and those plastic sill covers can hide some rust.....especially after 20 years! Read more

John cadman

What an excellent write up, I agree totally with the comments regarding BMW, it’s such a shame that very British company was resigned to the history books, having produced some very innovative cars over the years. I think the 600 was probably one of the most under stated cars they produced and one day It will be truly recognised.

There are only around 14 on the road and around 7 on SORN. These cars are dead!! Read more

Peter McGuire

Yes, the only place you might one of those daily drivers is in a scrapyard (if you are lucky).

Most were probably crushed in the last millenium.

angelcyn

It's a rare beast for one reason, apart from a half decent engine it was a pile of poo, my wife had one so I do know, it went after 9 months, rust was already showing. Read more

Hamish Nairn

I had one from (DS model) 1990-1994 and it was a great car. It did 120,000 in 4 years and apart from one radiator is went like a dream! Loved it.

Richard Abarth

We had a 147 for 8 years until 2012, it was a wonderful car, probably the most underrated car out there.

Lovely to drive, lovely to look at (well, its an Alfa!) I disagree about the interior, If you have leather, its a lovely place to be and it held together.

I never understood why they put cup-holders in at all, its a car to be driven, not a drinks receptacle!

And it was reliable, no one believes me, but it was, although it needed to be looked after, but nothing broke, ever.

We have had 500 Abarths since 2012 & we're going to give it back, get a 147 (or a GT) and save for a deposit on a Giulia (or a Giulietta Veloce) Read more

Had a 147 (07) plate. I liked it but it never really did anything for me in the way previous Alfas (a 164-my favourite-and a 156 fabulous-did). Might have been the colour, metallic grey with a black roof.

Pug RCZ

Bottom 10: Least expensive cars sold at the Race Retro auction.

I think this might in many ways be even more interesting! Read more

mahgni

Please, "complement" not "compliment".

The Cloud Watcher

An absolute stunner! Such a gorgeous car, I'm not sure if the wheels are standard, but they suit it so much more than the multi-spoke wheels most other Montreal's seem to have. God, I wish had £60k spare..... Read more

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote