Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

January 2018

deanm98

Surely registered around 1987/88 and not 1983 being an "E" plate? Read more

Peter McGuire

Was "DOD 1E" not available?

Peter McGuire

B18? That was the OHV red block RWD motor used in the 1960's. Read more

George Alty

The earlier 1.7 was more powerful, the later 1.8 had "only" 90bhp but peak torque was around 2800 rpm - a breeze to drive.
I had both an '89 GL and traded at 107k miles for a new '94 1.8 Si. Both were issue free apart from a new clutch on the GL.

Ian Thompson

Was this cut and pasted from a USA review? There were no Performance, Enthusiast or Track models in the UK. Just base, or GT spec. I have one myself. GT spec gives you cruise control, heated electric leather seats and a BOSE sound system. There are so many inaccuracies too. The power quoted is wrong. It was 276 bhp, only the facelift in 2006 gave you 290 bhp. And the roadster version was available almost straight away in 2004. Read more

Yep I live in NZ have a 2005 rev-up, standard, un-boy raced, bought for $11K NZD almost 2 years ago, would cost at least $16K to buy today. Love it, only mods are cat delete, and a light weight flywheel and a 1 ton clutch, easy mods that give super throttle response and a jump at the lights if you are up against some Australian V8. I run Chinese westlake semi slicks, great warm or hot, crap in the wet.

I purchased a H reg Nissan Bluebird 1.6 in 2013 and ran it for 25,000 miles in two years (totalling 99k mileage) - this included a trip to Croatia, and back, via the scenic route. The car still lives on now with its new owner.

‘nuff said on reliability. Read more

insightman

I still enjoy driving my 2006 Insight daily. Your description of Honda's Integrated Motor Assist isn't quite correct. The thin IMA electric motor is permanently connected to the engine's crankshaft, So the engine is always running and the car’s battery pack and electric motor DO NOT take over for low-speed manoeuvring and creeping in traffic, The very efficient, but gutless 1-liter engine is assisted by the electric motor when needed to provide acceptable acceleration. The electric motor is dormant and contributes no power for low-speed manoeuvring or when creeping in traffic,

On the other hand, as with my wife's new 2018 Clarity Plug-In Hybrid, the 3rd-generation 2019 Insight Prototype I just saw at the auto show in Detroit DOES shut off the engine and use its electric motor for low-speed manoeuvring or when creeping in traffic. Read more

CarolynJ012

The Honda Insight is a hybrid electric vehicle that has garnered praise not only for its impressive fuel efficiency and sleek design but also for its commitment to customer satisfaction. With a focus on providing exceptional ovo customer service Honda ensures that Insight owners enjoy a seamless and satisfying ownership experience. Whether it's addressing inquiries, resolving issues, or offering maintenance support, Honda's dedication to customer service enhances the overall appeal of Insight, making it a popular choice among environmentally-conscious drivers seeking both efficiency and exceptional care.

I have a Rover vitesse coming soon in the same. Silver as a saloon model 2.0 turbo 1999
Its in great condition inside and out and cannot b***** wait to look after her.

Kindest regards Matthew R
The mileage has done 75000 the car turned over a couple of weeks ago with no bangs and knocks, gear box works great, Will do a YouTube channel on the car just after Xmas ??
Rover2.0 Matt Rogers
Have a great new year to all staff here at honest John Read more

80sXS

Supervan 2 was an absolute beauty. Read more

gazzag

Well Top Gear did take a transit around the Nurburgring with Sabine Schmitz

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KiC03_wVjc...

June kerrigan

Hi,
I am looking for a rubber trim for a Peugeot 306 convertible year 2000 and can’t seem to find
Anyone can do. It is fitted to the car on each side of the front doors from top to bottom.
Just wondered if anyone can help.
Kind regards,
June (Dorset) Read more

Paul Deh

C@n you g3t the 306 cabriolet in a diesel?

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote