Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

March 2015

Chris Pickering

I bought the car in the photo from new. “Emva” created a lot of interest and was lovely to drive. It is nice to see her looking so good. Read more

I have one of these cars , my mum bought it in Luton 1980 ish we kept it through the family for few years till a lotus Sunbeam came along
Sold it then many years later 2008 saw it in bits on the web bought it back and shipped it to Australia it’s awesome big valve head twin Dellorto’s Kent Cam optronic ignition 5 speed box Lsd axle HPF bottom and top arms poly bushed through out Quick rack Bilstiens yes it’s my favourite rocket ship on Oz rego plate 2300HC it’s an even rarer sight down under

k-b

A useful summary.

I still think mileage should come into it. I do 2000 miles a year in a 2003 mx5 it costs £295 ro the road tax. My neighbour has a 2013 large mercedes and does 20000miles a year. His road tax is a 3rd of mine and i am sure his car pollution is more than created by my mx5. ... Read more

DAVID.M. WOOD

i've 1989 RRC , will this ever be tax free,?
it was 24 years old when they changed all rules last time
thanks David

Andrew Hosking

Agree with top 3,6 & 8 - but not the rest!...... Read more

CaptainT

The year quoted in the first two paragraphs is presently wrong. I have just tried (February 2016) to register my 2002 tii as historic (registered 10 March 1975) and been refused. To quote from the reply I got from the DVLA: .... legislation was also introduced to exempt vehicles manufactured prior to 1 Jan 1975 from the payment of VED. This came into force on 1 April 2015. The intention from HM Treasury is to introduce a legislative clause every year so that vehicles manufactured 40 years ago will become exempt from VED.

This means your vehicle may become eligible for the historic tax class from the 1 April 2016.... Read more

matthewcla

Henrico County takes DUI accusations very seriously. The penalties are severe and include license suspensions, heavy fines, and jail time. In court, an inexperienced prosecutor has significantly more power than you when you represent yourself. However, a skilled Henrico dui lawyer levels the playing field.

Car Crusader

My head says Fuzz is absolutely right but my heart says I really don't want to subject my classic to the ignorant MOT inspector again. Only once in the past 25 years has my self maintained car failed the MOT - the indicators were deemed not to be flashing rapidly enough to meet the (modern) standard.
At the last MOT I counted the inspector stall and struggle to restart my engine 13 times, he had no idea of how to drive a car with carburettors. Then he ripped off the roof guttering while getting out by reaching up and pulling on it to lever his fat torso out of the low driving position.
I really don't want to subject my car to this ignorance again if I can help it.. Read more

Stuart Mumby

Perhaps Car Crusader should select his MOT station more carefully. If he went to some back street £25 a throw establishment then he deserves all he gets. There are plenty of classic car friendly MOT stations around. A call/visit to a reputable classic car dealer will recommend a suitable local MOT testing station. I happily part with £45 per annum to have my MGA professionally tested by the Triumph TR6 owning proprietor of my local independent garage.

Tenchman7

Thats a great story" " The new owner almost started the restoration in the auction room". Obviously a very happy new owner.1. Read more

Adam

Shame. It could at least be held longer, or put to auction. It would be a terrible thing to crush a classic that was only ever made in limited numbers and could easily be repaired. A konck like that on a (67-68?) Impala SS may not even have reached the chassis. Read more

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote