Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

September 2013

Alvor1

Up to say £15,000 which modern car is most likely to become collectable over say the next 5 /10 years? For older classics which car might offer similar characteristics to say a Triumph Stag for a similar budget? Thanks Ian Read more

John F

I didn't buy it with this in mind, but I would be pleased if my aluminium Audi A8 SWB W12 sport quattro became a classic. It ticks the boxes - only a few were made, and only about sixty made it to the U.K . in 2005 with right hand drive. It is a superb piece of engineering, a direct descendant of the VW Phaeton which was commissioned by Ferdinand Piech (of Porsche 917 and Audi quattro fame) to be better than anything by Mercedes. Most people have never heard of it and I know of no coverage or reviews by the British motoring press. It was a stop-gap between the old D2 S8 and the D3 S8 which used the V10 Lambo engine (same power, less torque). If you can find one, and it took me six months to find mine, it will probably be much less than £15,000 - at present.

John Boy

www.newcarnet.co.uk/Triumph_news.html?id=13177 Read more

Sofa Spud

There must be a sizeable 'diaspora' of ultra-low-mileage old vehicles around the world,

captain happy

Are these the ones that Duff Morgan never sold ?. Read more

Bob

Congrats from a gent in Thunder Bay Ontario Canada Read more

Mr Ian Bridges

Apparently, being rear wheel drive and light, popular for converting to hot rodding or difting Read more

Peter L.

who in their right mind would steal a METRO?????? i had one of the early austin badged metro's as a first car and it was a horrid thing. it was noisier than the fiesta of the same period, the high 'step over' sills made for awkward entry (again, unlike the fiesta which was its main competitor) the headlights were DREADFUL (they didnt even fit halogen headlights!) and they rusted faster than almost anything else in the era. later ones werent much better!

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote