Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

July 2016

vmturbo

IMHO this is pure idiocy. Have they not yet noticed that London has several airports that fly aircraft that burn a great many TONS of fuel? So much aviation fuel is used that major airports all have pipelines to the oil refineries as bringing the fuel by lorry would be impractical. In addition it has long been said that if one lives on a take-off flight path forget hanging washing on a clothes line. Instead one must buy a tumble-drier. Aviation noise and pollution somehow seems to be exempt so the politicians resort to the old trick of attacking the motorist instead.

There are also diesel locomotives that run on "red" (not the low odour city diesel) and as far as I know the locomotives don't use Adblue as they would need rather a lot! Having just said that, most locomotives are now so well maintained that they are smokeless! It is most impressive to see diesel trains that just make a heat-plume as they accelerate and well maintained cars should be the same.... Read more

CanAmSteve

Is this to enter the LEZ or the Congestion Zone? BIG difference. Simple enough (and not really a bad idea) to avoid the Congestion Zone area, but the LEZ is much larger.

G A T

Hi there i am new to this forum and would like some info on my land rover its a series 111 first registared 01/03/1976 and i am needing to know when its likly to be exempt from road tax and who do i speak to with this matter thanks for your time and any help you can give Read more

anglebox

Historic vehicle tax is now 'rolling' on a 40 year basis. So from April 2016, all vehicles built before 1 January 1976 were tax exempt. Your Land Rover should be tax exempt from April, 2017.

But the re-classification won't happen automatically. You'll need to notify the DVLA. This can be done on your existing V5C. Change it to historic, sign and date the paperwork, and post it to the DVLA....

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote