Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

August 2022

Russeler

Any advice on this one please. Where and what to buy and how much to spend. I met someone a couple of years ago that had an an old 37 year old A reg citeron that was a runner and road legal. He said he paid 1300 quid for it, now I imagine the price has gone up since scrap has gone up in comparison. But can I get something like that for its money

Thanks... Read more

SLO76

It’s unlikely you’ll find something usable that’s already in classic status, but you can pick up something a bit retro from the 90’s that could offer something a bit different but possibly still reliable and with parts availability. A K11 Nissan Micra is a great starting point, these were great fun to drive, very reliable and cheap to buy and run. Avoid the fragile CVT autos and watch for rust. I loved these wee cars when I was a young salesman in the 90’s. The Mk IV Ford Fiesta with the 16v 1.25/1.4 petrol motor were great too, but few have survived due to rust. Well worth preserving either of them.

www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202402106441097

Russeler

A while ago I met some one with a 37 year old A reg Citeron

He said he paid something like 130 odd quid for his insurance. I asked him why so low and he said because clasics insurance is much cheaper.... Read more

Russeler

Interesting link you have there. I see it gives some examples of priceing. But it dose not give ean example of the persons age, no claims acidents, job title est. Is it realy a lot cheaper then regular car insurence?

So you are saying its free to Tax them, is that over 40 years as wel?

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote