Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

Can I apply for an age related registration for my classic jeep?

I own an ex-Dutch army 1961 NEKAF m38-a1 Willys jeep, which I use for events and for family trips. I've owned the army jeep for 18 months, but I have a query about its assigned UK registration plate?

When this Dutch jeep was imported into the UK, circa September 1982, it was given a registration number for that year. As a classic car, this registration plate is not in keeping with the vehicle's age and I'd like to apply to the DVLA to reissue me with a number appropriate to the 1961 year of manufacture. Is this possible?

Asked on 1 October 2013 by chevalsox

Answered by Honest John
Best thing to do is simply buy an old 5 or 6 digit registration from the DVLA.
Similar questions
My father owned a 1957 Morris Minor back in the 1970s. Whilst it is unlikely that it is a survivor, how can I find out if it is still around either as a runner or sitting somewhere as a potential "barn...
Can I transfer the private reg from a car I put into storage (SORN) five years ago? It had an MoT when put into storage but hasn't had one since. The car could be recommissioned and MOTd quite quickly...
Do you know, if I imported a classic car say 1965 or 1966 manufacture, would I get a 'C' or a 'D' registration plate in this country? Or would it be one of those 'Q' plates?