Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

I'm trying to track down my father's 1957 Morris Minor - how should I go about this?

My father owned a 1957 Morris Minor back in the 1970s. Whilst it is unlikely that it is a survivor, how can I find out if it is still around either as a runner or sitting somewhere as a potential "barn find"? Also, if it has been scrapped, how do I establish if the registration number can be bought from DVSA?

Asked on 11 July 2017 by Sinky

Answered by Keith Moody
The first place to start is with a DVSA vehicle check ( - you'll need the registration number. If that doesn't work, then you could try the Morris Minor Owners' Club to see if they are aware of the vehicle (
Similar questions
I have a Q registration kit car which was last taxed and insured in 1990. Since then the vehicle has been in my garage. I have never declared SORN for the vehicle since at the time there was no requirement...
My car was SORN'd in September 2015. It became eligible for Historic Vehicle Status in April 2016. I assumed DVSA would automatically update details and therefore no need for me to contact them prior to...
Can I transfer the private reg from a car I put into storage (SORN) five years ago? It had an MoT when put into storage but hasn't had one since. The car could be recommissioned and MOTd quite quickly...
Related models
There's a Minor to suit all budgets, good to drive, brilliant parts and specialist back-up, A-series powered ones are easily tuned to stay up with modern traffic, classic flatulent exhaust note

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote