Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

Can I get an age-related number plate for an imported classic car?

Do you know, if I imported a classic car say 1965 or 1966 manufacture, would I get a 'C' or a 'D' registration plate in this country? Or would it be one of those 'Q' plates?

Asked on 21 September 2013 by NB, via email

Answered by Honest John
You should get a ‘C’ or a ‘D’ reg as appropriate. If you don't, you can, of course, buy a dated number up to ‘C’ or 'D' or a non-dated number.
Similar questions
My father owned a 1957 Morris Minor back in the 1970s. Whilst it is unlikely that it is a survivor, how can I find out if it is still around either as a runner or sitting somewhere as a potential "barn...
Can I transfer the private reg from a car I put into storage (SORN) five years ago? It had an MoT when put into storage but hasn't had one since. The car could be recommissioned and MOTd quite quickly...
I own an ex-Dutch army 1961 NEKAF m38-a1 Willys jeep, which I use for events and for family trips. I've owned the army jeep for 18 months, but I have a query about its assigned UK registration plate? When...

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote