Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

My car has been SORN'd for several years - how do I get it registered and back on the road?

My 1970 Jaguar 420G has been on a SORN for a number of years. The restoration is nearly complete. How do I get it registered and back on the road?

Asked on 22 July 2019 by volunteer 11

Answered by Keith Moody
Your Statutory Off-Road Notification will be cancelled when you tax your car online. To do this, you'll need to get it MoT'd (you're allowed to drive to a pre-booked MoT appointment if your car is on SORN) and it will also need to be insured.
Similar questions
I have a Ford Orion that has been locked up since 2005 with 92,000 miles on the clock. Would it be best to sale for restoration project, for spares or reluctantly scrap it?
I have a friend who has been left, a Vauxhall Royale Coupe by her late father. It is a 1979 model in moderate condition and currently on a SORN notice. She would like it to go to be repaired and back on...
Do you know of anywhere in Kent where I could get my 1991 Subaru pick-up restored?
Related models
Enormous, with room from three on the front bench seat alone. Still looks and feels like a Jaguar, despite how big it is.