Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

Can I reject a used car?

We recently bought a Peugeot 306 for £550 with 12 months MOT and tax. The car has broken down multiple times and is also suffering electrical faults. I rang the guy I brought it off and told him I wanted my money back, but he said that wasn't that easy and to give him the chance to sort it.

A week has now passed and I still haven’t got the car or my money back. Am I within my rights to demand my money back?

Asked on 18 November 2013 by Andy E

Answered by Honest John
If the guy is a dealer you can take it back and get your money back. If he isn't, you would have to sue him for breach of contract. Law here:
Similar questions
The driver door on my 1995 Peugeot 306 does not lock under central locking. I can lock it manually, but when locking the rest of the car from the passenger door the central locking enables and immediately...
I’ve got a Peugeot 306 auto; however, after five miles, the gearbox goes into limp mode and I can’t fix it. Can you help?
I have a 1999 Nissan Serena FX diesel on Republic of Ireland number plates sitting on my drive. I would like to know what is the best option to get some of my money back on it. The problem is that I purchased...
Related models
Wonderful blend of ride comfort and handling control for its day. A rewarding drive, and good looking with it.