Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

Can I sell a Nissan Serena on Irish plates?

I have a 1999 Nissan Serena FX diesel on Republic of Ireland number plates sitting on my drive. I would like to know what is the best option to get some of my money back on it. The problem is that I purchased it off a relative and the log book is still in their name, which naturally I can't sell with this being the case.

The car already owes me a quite a bit, having paid £500 to get it over here. I assume that I would not get a lot for scrap - any ideas on selling for spares?

Asked on 2 December 2014 by JTB

Answered by Honest John
As you say, the first thing you have to do is register it to yourself in the UK. This is the Government site for registering an import: T

his is the standard government site:
Similar questions
I recently bought a Jaguar S-Type on an internet auction site from a trader with no reserve. The car looked good in the pictures, but only had a few months left on its MoT. Unfortunately I didn’t take...
We recently bought a Peugeot 306 for £550 with 12 months MOT and tax. The car has broken down multiple times and is also suffering electrical faults. I rang the guy I brought it off and told him I wanted...
My son privately sold an elderly Daihatsu Sportrak through our local classifieds. The buyers explained they were unable to make the 40-mile journey to view it, but they said if he delivered it, they would...

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote