Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

SORN problems of my own making

I am a bit of a prat. I have a 1972 MG midget 1275, the car has not run for 15 years. I moved house 10 years ago and with all the activity I did not regester it at our new address. I therefor do not have a SORN. Any suggestions to avoid fines and evil things if I put the car back on the road?

Asked on 9 October 2012 by The Tempest

Answered by Honest John
No problem. If the car has not been on the road for 15 years you escape any penalties. But once you SORN the car and/or star putting it back onto the road it either had to be SORNs when off the road or has to be continuously insured.
Similar questions
I have have an old vehicle which I have stored for 30 years. I do have a V5 for it but no SORN. I have been abroad for many years and was not aware that I need to have one. Can I now obtain a SORN without...
Last year when going on holiday to France I trailered a second car to leave there for a restoration. The second car would ether of been taxed or had a SORN declaration. If taxed this would have expired...
I've had my 1986 Vauxhall Cavalier Convertible Mk2 for a couple of years now and have enjoyed driving it in good spells of weather. Is there any advantage in declaring the car SORN for the cold months...