Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

How do I SORN my 1972 MG Midget?

I have a 1972 MG Midget that has been off the road in my garage since 2002 - it was registered as a historic vehicle and that is when the road tax ran out. I would now like to get it back on the road. I have never SORN'd the vehicle, how do I go about getting a new road tax for it?

Asked on 6 June 2012 by shearsy

Answered by Honest John
A '72 is tax exempt. There was no need to SORN it. So MoT it, insure it, and apply for an historic vehicle tax disc.
Similar questions
I've had my 1986 Vauxhall Cavalier Convertible Mk2 for a couple of years now and have enjoyed driving it in good spells of weather. Is there any advantage in declaring the car SORN for the cold months...
My car was SORN'd in September 2015. It became eligible for Historic Vehicle Status in April 2016. I assumed DVSA would automatically update details and therefore no need for me to contact them prior to...
You only have two 1958 Bond Minicars listed as surviving. Does this include mine? reg 808PME. I know of at least 4 other Mk Ds but I am not sure of their exact years. I have owned mine since late 60's...

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote