Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

How can I trace a classic car?

I'm trying to trace a car. It's a Mercedes 380 SEC first registered in 1984 and had two owners in UK. It was imported to Ireland in 1990. The Ireland tax book says that the original identification was B639 CMP but when I try using a Motor check web site they can't come up with anything. How can I find the correct UK number plate?

Asked on 10 September 2018 by David Donegan

Answered by Keith Moody
I think the original numberplate you have is correct. Our MoT Check service ( identifies that plate as belonging to a green Mercedes 380 registered on 6 June, 1984.
Similar questions
I am trying to source my father's 1974 Alfa Romeo GTV. I've been on the DVLA web site and found the car by its plate, however the car has not had an MoT/Tax since April 1983. Is there any way of finding...
I'm looking for a Volvo Amazon (BEP 102C) that belonged to my late dad who always regretted selling it. I'd like to bring it back into the family. How can I find out if it's still alive?
I’m trying to find the last car my dad had before he died. The reg was G473 WMO and it was a Volkswagen Golf Driver Mk2. I've tried all search sites including the DVLA without any success.
Related models
Stylish and effortless pillarless coupe

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote