Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

I'm selling my 1939 Morgan to a German buyer - do I fill out the V5C as usual?

I'm about to sell my 1939 Morgan to someone in Germany. Are there any problems doing this? Will I have to fill out the V5C as usual? What about the number plate, which is original, can that go to Germany or has this got to stay in the UK?

Asked on 11 October 2017 by baggyw

Answered by Keith Moody
You need to fill out section 11 of the V5C (notification of permanent export) and return that to DVLA - the new keeper gets the rest of the V5C as they will need that to register the car in Germany. The usual warnings about making sure funds have cleared before handing over the keys apply. There are lots of vehicles leaving the UK at the moment because of the current exchange rate.
Similar questions
I have a 1982 Austin Mini HL, X reg, that's done 23,000 miles on it and has been in storage since 2004. It is perfect condition, just a bit dusty. Only one owner before me. It does need a very mild restore...
I own a 1989 Fiat X19 in very good condition. Known as' limited edition'. Could you give me an idea of value?
Could you let me know an approximate value of a 1981 Volkswagen Scirocco GT?
Related models
Ford power for the 4/4 meant a lower price than the old Triumph-engined model