Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

Where can I insure my classic car for occasional summer use only?

I live overseas but return to the UK for a few months each summer. For the last few years I have investigated purchasing a classic car with the idea of putting the car into storage whilst I'm away.

Frustratingly I get the same answer from insurance companies, which is that they won’t entertain the situation and refuse to insure me under any circumstances. I still have a UK licence, a clean driving record and am a UK citizen and passport holder. Can you please offer any advice?

Asked on 27 October 2012 by SC, via email

Answered by Honest John
There is a chance that this chap may be able to help:
Similar questions
Having financially supported our daughter’s driving since she passed her test two years ago, her lack of work will result in us not paying to renew her road fund licence at the end of January. What are...
I would like to sell my 1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500 with soft and hard top. It is in reasonable condition and has a new radiator, new carbs and new clutch, six months' tax and nearly a year’s MoT. Please...
When I retire next year, I need to buy a car. I can't decide whether to spend £1000-£5000 on an old banger which, while cheap to buy, will no doubt cost a bit to run, or £10,000-£20,000 on something which...

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote