Do you have a minute to answer an electric vehicle survey? Start the survey | No thanks

Where can I get European breakdown cover for a 16 year old car?

I want to take my 2003 Toyota MR2 to France this month and maybe later this year. Could you suggest where I should look for European breakdown/repatriation cover for a car of this age?

Asked on 8 February 2019 by Howard Hughes

Answered by Keith Moody
Check with your existing classic insurer as they may be able to provide this service. You can buy European breakdown cover from Footman James, but I think it's for cars over 20. This is going to be the main issue that you face as some European breakdown cover will only cover cars up to 15 years old. In which case, have a chat with the Toyota MR2 club ( to see if they have an existing deal with a supplier.
Similar questions
I plan to take my 1996 Mercedes E220 W124 Estate on a tour of the continent this summer. What form of breakdown/recovery insurance cover should I take out? What should I look out for and what should I...
I have a 2003 Toyota MR2 manual. I've owned this from new and it's been serviced as per manufacturer recommended and always garaged. I hope to keep it long term. What would you do to increase the longevity/reliability...
I own a silver 2005 Mazda MX-5 with just 2000 miles. It's garaged properly with a carpeted floor and dehumidifier, and now only comes out once a year for MOT and a few miles run around. The car is covered...
Related models
Great fun to drive. More minimalist than previous version. Goes and handles just like a sports-inspired roadster should.