Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks
Ask a Question

If I opt for classic car MoT exemption will I still be able to present my car for an MoT in that same road tax year?

I have a 1977 MGB that I have recently registered as a vehicle of historic interest. I understand I still have to tax it annually but the charge is £0. I also understand that when I tax it I can opt to be exempt from the MoT. If I opt for the MoT exemption will I still be able to present it for an MoT in that same road tax year should I so wish or will the MoT computer at the garage not recognise it?

Asked on by

You would still be able to MoT your car - although if it fails you'll need to get it fixed. Your insurance requires you to keep your vehicle in a roadworthy condition so we'd always recommend getting your classic checked over.
Similar questions
I'm looking to buy a 1970s MGB GT V8. An original car will be classed as an historic vehicle affecting the need for tax and MoT. Many of the originally 1800cc cars were later converted to V8 by transplanting...
What is the current value of a 1977 MGB Roadster?
I bought a fully refurbished 1972 MGB Roadster seven days ago which was advertised as immaculate, in as new condition, mileometer reset to zero, essentially a new car. I have had a thorough independent...

Ask Honest John