Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks
Ask a Question

Do I need a valid MoT certificate to drive in France?

I am taking a 1969 MGB Tourer to France soon. The car doesn’t require an MoT certificate in the UK so will I be legal to travel in France without?

Asked on by

Since the tax disc was abolished the advice to travellers has been to print off a page from the DVLA’s website which confirms your taxation and MoT status should you be challenged. We'd also recommend printing off a copy of your insurance documents and any other relevant information. We spoke to Geoff Lancaster at the Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs and he confirmed this was still the advice. He added, 'Admittedly the fine detail of historic vehicle exemptions differs from member state to member state but this will not cause a problem…at least not until after Brexit.'
Similar questions
My 1975 MGB GT has been off the road since at least 2006. Having renewed and rebuilt the brakes and suspension, does it need an MoT before driving on the road?
My MGB Roadster was registered in August 1979 and is about to be tax-exempt, dependant on its date of build. How do I obtain the build date?
What is the current value of a 1977 MGB Roadster?

Ask Honest John