Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

Self-drive classic car hire in Manc / Cheshire?

Daughter's school 'prom' happens in July (a dreadful US import). However, I thought I'd see about hiring a self-drive classic a day or two, to chauffeur her & a couple of friends to the event and have some fun myself.

The car would ideally be something from the 60s / early 70s, with 4 seats and a V8 (Bristol, Jensen, Rolls / Bentley, 60s American etc)

I've found a couple of firms on the web, just wondering if anyone has any direct experience or recommendations for companies in the Manchester / Cheshire area?

Comments

ClassicCarHireWorld    on 22 April 2010

Daughter's school 'prom' happens in July (a dreadful US import). However, I thought I'd see about hiring a self-drive classic a day or two, to chauffeur her & a couple of friends to the event and have some fun myself.

The car would ideally be something from the 60s / early 70s, with 4 seats and a V8 (Bristol, Jensen, Rolls / Bentley, 60s American etc)

I've found a couple of firms on the web, just wondering if anyone has any direct experience or recommendations for companies in the Manchester / Cheshire area?

Unfortunately there are very few classic car hire companies in the Manchester/ Cheshire area, and the North West in general.

Have a look at the England page of Classic Car Hire World to see who is nearest http://www.classiccarhireworld.com/contentok.php?id=759

I have spoken to Stephen Cameron of Cameron's of Lancashire in the past, and while I haven't met him or used any of his cars he sounds like a good guy. He knows his stuff, cares about customer service and I think either his Rolls or his Mark 2 should be ideal for your daughter's prom (which I agree is a dreadful import from our American cousins). http://www.classiccarhireworld.com/contentok.php?id=5846

I hope this helps.

craig-pd130    on 22 April 2010

thanks very much, might be quite nice to spend a day wafting around in a Rolls :)

Add a comment

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote