Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

Triumph TR6

Vitesse on back burner now. Am going to view a TR6. What am I looking out for in the main.

Regards as always.

Comments

tr7v8    on 3 May 2004

Martin,

post this on the TR Register website www.tr-register.co.uk
Huge amount of owners on their and the\'ll post relevant info. Big problems are thrust washers die on engine and take out block and/or crank. Rust anywhere in either chassis or body. PI systems can be sorted but costs a reasonable amount to do, much lower value if converted to carbs. Gearboxes are flakey with that amount of power and overdrive should work well. 2 engine types 125bhp later and 150 bhp early so now enginenumbers as value changes. Also tax free pre 73 cars worth slightly more. If possible get someone who knows what they\'re looking at to check over.

TR Reg member for near 5 years!

Martin Devon    on 4 May 2004

Dear tr7v8, (bet that goes well!!)

Thanks for the site. I have e-mailed them all the info I have and await their response. Many thanks indeed.

Regards to all.

THe Growler    on 4 May 2004

That is truly a first class post and demonstrates the shared expertise of the BR and how there is always someone who has an answer. My younger brother passed on some 18 months back and I had the task of disposing of his estate, among which was his beloved TR6. Wish I had known that then.

Add a comment

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote