Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

Classic Insurance for Young drivers

I own a Triumph Stag. I want a classic car policy for the agreed valuation etc. I would like my 17 year old son to be able to drive it on his provisional licence initially (as both our modern cars are auto) and subsequently on a full licence accompanied by myself (to shows & meets as he shares my enthusiasm for the car). But I cannot find an insurer with a classic policy that allows drivers under 25. My son had hopes of buying a Beetle to restore and drive but for him to insure the car on a classic policy, a typical response is "he would need to be a home owner with another vehicle and in full time employment". Any suggestions?

Asked on 4 September 2012 by StagJohn

Answered by Honest John
There may be some links here that you have not already tries, especially
Similar questions
When applying for insurance, is it necessary to insure at the address where you will live for a year? Or is it okay to register it at your permanent address where your driving license is registered (parents'...
I have an 18 year old daughter 18 and 17 year old so, both with provisional licenses. I want to put them on the insurance policy so that they can learn to drive the family car (a diesel Vauxhall Zafira...
My 17-yr old son (recently passed) was driving my Seat Ibiza 1.2 and was hit from behind at approx 35mph. Damage is to the rear bumper and the other driver has admitted liability. My son has no whiplash...

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote