Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

August 2014

phil1976

Hi this is my first post to the forum. I am the owner of a Peugeot 406 Hdi 136bhp 2.2 executive estate car. The Engine management light comes on and display states that there is a anti pollution fault. The car will then begin to run in a limp setting as it will continue to run but with less power if that makes sense.The eloy fluid was filled up t maximum about 2000 miles ago and since I have only filled the car up with diesel to maximum on each fill up as instructed by mechanic. The diafram has been changed for new as that is not moving when engine starts up as it is supossed to. The car is lovely to drive as I had a new tyre fitted and tracking sorted etc and when it is not in limp type mode it pulls nicely. Any ideas for me? many thanks! Read more

ScoBro

Usually if the EGR is stuck, you will get loads of black smoke. You can try disconnecting the Air pipe to it and putting a bolt in the end, if this cures it thats your problem. The other Problem quite common with the HDI's is the MAF sensor.

EGR is usually located at the back in the middle left of the engine....

MKElite

the s2.2 Elite is particularly the rarest Lotus bargain out there AND possibly the MOST important Lotus ever designed. Read the facts behind this styling masterpiece. Read more

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote