Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

July 2005

Mr Fox

Hello,

I am in a dilemma I hope someone can help me with...

I have 2 relatively old Mercedes cars, which are not used very much, One of which was used by my sister until recently but she has moved to London and so no longer has any use for it.

The oldest is a W123 230E saloon, automatic from 1984,B registration, this was owned by a family friend from 1988 and so its history is known, and it has been fitted with a brand new engine around 4 years ago at a cost of over £1000.00 It is in almost perfect condition, requiring a couple of small bits of rust treating to make perfect. it seems to drive very well indeed and feels as though there is plenty of life left in it.

The second car is a 260 E saloon automatic, from 1988, it is also in very good order but needs a new motor in one electric window, this also drives very well and has a very powerful smooth engine which gives very good performance when needed.

Both have MOT for almost another year.

The difficulty for me is putting a value on them, and knowing the best way of selling either one or both of them.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

Marcus Read more

uk2usa

Well, here in Arizona (hot and dry!), cars do seem to last for ever. Not uncommon to see ancient VW beetles, old Ford pickups etc. Old Mercedes diesels from the early 80s? seem to have a cult following. Given the scarcity of diesel cars, they go for a premium among the tree hugging types.

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote