Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

August 2017

tigeraqua

It is (I agree) a slumbering giant in the classic landscape. However - the build quality of the early models was terrible - with rusting and dropping doors, and disintegrating interiors. Better models came with the TD5 - despite much more complex electronics with them. Read more

I remember when they came out with the poor unreliable and slow tdi.
Ss said the TD5 came along and was the people's choice.
The 3.9 V8 made no sence with dreadfull economy with 15mpg on a good day if you didn't thrash it.
The early ones did not just suffer with poor engines they had very bad build quality and plastics were not strong and were not fit for the discovery's task in hand of being Rugged off reader/ large family off roader.
Rust was always a issue with these which found their way into later models, although not as bad as early models....Land Rover Rustcovery
Clearly with the British manufacturer they were not learning lessons of past cars for reliability and poor quality everywhere you looked.

The Gingerous One

Don't worry Keith, I won't let my Rover 620 diesel be a victim of Fords' scheme! Read more

thilo pupak

Still for sale ?
Thilo in Cornwall Read more

John Goodall

Just wondering whether your smart SMX is still up for sale. If so I will make an appointment to view at your earliest convenient moment.

Pug RCZ

And then came along the Peugeot RCZ. Read more

Couldn't agree more. Don't buy one for a grand though.

Howard Buchanan

Just one question: WHY? Read more

Yorky Bob

I think Clarkson said Rolls Royce ? Read more

Peter McGuire

It may be a fine vehicle, but please it is no Classic.
What's next the Transit Connect?
Peter

emily conley

have any parts to sell from the pink floyd addition? Read more

The Omega is the only car I have repeat ordered, having had two in succession, a 2.5 CDX followed by a 2.5 Elite. The best shape was the earlier car, with the later vehicle having a more boxy appearance. It sold (badly) in the USA as the Cadillac Catera. After the second Omega I moved on to the Jaguar S-type. Read more

Roy P Kemp

I have and run a 2001 Omega 2.2 16 valve auto in Gold for the past 4 years,
covering 46,000 miles in that time. An excellent car. utterly reliable and still in very
good condition. A much better car than my previous BMW 530D. Tows the caravan
perfectly and I have no intention of changing it.

27.03.2021. Roy P K.

dodanio

goood thanks for that Read more

dodanio

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->subwaysurfers.vip/ , psiphon.vip/ , hillclimbracing.vip/

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote