Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

April 2017

Peter McGuire

Timeline is mixed up here. Lola came out in 1970. 1966 saw several memorable Kinks hits such as Dedicated follower of Fashion and Summer Afternoon. So, perhaps it was one of those. Read more

anglebox

We've checked with Sir Ray and he bought the car after Lola, which means he bought in 1970 rather than 1966.

Mike harding

I went to liverpool and bought that very car...and truly impressed with it, feels like a new car, drives superb, to be honest better than most Ford's and Vauxhalls, mind you that doesn't take much, but never the less a great car. Read more

john coveney

I haved owned this vechile since 2012 which has done 60,000 genuine miles and has been looked after and serviced meticulously.

Recently it has developed a Intermittent Problem?... Read more

john coveney

Had the ECU checked and a few faults detected repaired and rebuilt.

Barsus

Well well, a smart-looker and interesting as well. I'm inclined to agree with the writer on this one...never mind the chinese connection (irrelevant now-days I believe)...the car will tell it's own story.

Regards, Barry W. Read more

retiredspeedmerchant

Must not forget the Saab/Nev plans too. They were planning to launch an all electric 93 sometime soon but have gone quiet recently.

f1kwa

I've had my 1998 five door for seven years, I bought it as a 'runabout' but it's become more than that to me. It's very reliable, practical and being relatively light for an SUV it's quite economical too. It also draws admiring glanses and occasional comments all of which tends to suggest this could be a future classic. Read more

kenneth lawson

we have had our 1998 mk1 for more years than I can remember, it is an auto and has air con. This car has never ever missed a beat, nothing has ever been replaced, (besides oil and filters etc.) and when we retired to southern spain three years ago we drove the 1.300 miles to our new home, and as the car has only done 88000 miles I think it will last for ever !

HarryHolding

Under the bonnet?! Read more

quppykv

Hello. Are you bored and want to travel around the sights of Ukraine? I advise you to use the service https://visittoukraine.com/, which offers many tourist tours to various places of interest in Ukraine, including Chernobyl. You will be provided with a professional guide who will ensure the best possible experience on all tours. Read more

Chris Clement

I had one of these when I was in my twenties, had the older shape first then 'upgraded'. One of the best cars I've ever owned. Both my brothers had one each too, all autos, all five cylinder CD spec. Never had any trouble with them, I worked as a mechanic for Audi at the time and problems were very rare. Quite quick 'in its day' and unbelievably good on fuel. Read more

michael watt

The similar Volkswagen Santana 2.0L petrol, 5cyl was also a fantastic motoring experience for me--recommend you consider one. (Chinese still make them, I think)

Jon Calthrop

You either love them or hate them. We have just changed an early CRD Touring for a late limited edition CRD and the added refinement of the Mercedes C220 148 bhp engine is noticeable. It is better laid out inside and is a well maintained low mileage example. Now here is my honest opinion of the way it drives especially on motorways. It reminds me of the many miles I drove in my cousin's Mark Six Bentley! Sacrilege? Worse to come! My late father had a Bentley S2 for a short time in the 1970s. The power delivery once wound up reminds me of the few drives I had in the S2! A well sorted low mileage example of these cars is in my opinion something to appreciate if you remember cars like the V8 Pilot! It belongs to my wife and we will be keeping it. Perhaps too much of an acquired taste to become really valuable but they are fun and the later Mercedes engine a real gem! Not always easy to live with but for the enthusiast, a lot of fun can still be had! Read more

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote