Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

January 2017

Dunfermin

Daf was front engine rear wheel drive with the CVT gear box ahead of the rear axle. NOT a rear engine car. Read more

Only early DAF 600 models were capable of going "as fast backwards as forwards" as supplied from the factory, by the time the 33 and 44 models came along DAF fitted a locked fixed ratio for reverse, although it is a popular modification to remove it for the infamous reverse racing these cars are known for!

oldroverboy.

It pains me too! i was a parts manager in a dealership, and would still buy one, but must be realistic, any future models would have to beat Dacia pricing to succeed. Read more

hiwiwa7143

Some moving companies also offer temporary storage options. They can pack up your belongings and store them in a secure facility until your new home is ready. This option is convenient because you only have to deal with one company for both your moving and storage needs. www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKb7C9AkcIE

NickNike

I was talking to an American at a one week conference in London in 1980 who was selling his TR7 as soon as he got back to the US. He said the reliability was so bad, all American owners were trying to sell them. Pity, as it sold like hot cakes in the US to start with. Read more

hytsonn@proton.me

thanks looks excellent

john garnett

"A" reg 1984? my MG Metro is a "B" reg and documents state registered in 1984, also my mileage is 24273 miles genuine. Read more

Alex Lane

John, your 'B' reg was released in Aug '84, so the car in the article must have been registered Jan-Jul '84 to be 'A' reg

http://www.theaa.com/car-buying/number-plates

anglebox

Not only does ol' 'slowhand' know his way around the fretboard he also knows his way around cars. And, when you look at F40 prices, this is a bit of a bargain. Not that I've got a spare £925,000 lying around.... Read more

AFTER READING MICHAEL NICHOLSONS OBITUARY I BOUGHT HIS BOOK 'ACROSS THE LIMPOPO. AVAILABLE ON AMAZON, GREAT READ FOR ANY CAR ENTHUSIAST. Read more

EverettFromes

I read Michael's book a few years ago. This fantastic story about a journey through the heart of Africa somehow reminds me of Treasure Island. Due to being very busy, I don't have time to re-read these books now, but at freebooksummary.com/category/treasure-island I can read an analysis of this Stevenson masterpiece. After all, we must appreciate both "Across the Limpopo" and "Treasure Island," which provide unforgettable adventures. While the former is a non-fiction travelogue and the latter a work of fiction, both books showcase the power of storytelling to transport readers to different times and places.

80sXS

Only ever seen one parked on a kerbside in Paris. I thought it was a homemade job at first until I looked it up. Read more

logger

I currently own a old Astra 1.7dti diesel van which has 225k miles. great little van and very reliable. I only do about 1000miles a year in it

BUT... Read more

elekie&a/c doctor

Why do you need a classic?what about this ? www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-Zetec-Estate-1-8i-20...y

Peter McGuire

It would be helpful to have a money counter along with the changes.

Modern prices are eye watering. Read more

John Searby

What makes even more sense is to fit a complete Mazda MX5 engine and gearbox. Read more

Dr. James Moran Fretwell

No one except the owner knows what lies blow the surface.

Therefore it is a trade off between a better, smoother performance, and maintaining the original spec to the absolute hilt.

I have a 1980 MGB LE roadster Federal SPEC, which was encumbered with all that exhaust emission rubbish required on the American version (I bought my car in New York.

Straight in the bin; not in the slightest concerned with maintaining the original.

My MG was completely renovated from a bare shotblasted shell upward, and I replaced everything with the new.

There were 3 piles, 1 was all the rusted stuff, 2 all the stuff for chrome and cadmium plating, and 3 the stuff which was OK and simply went back on the car.

Who knows but me, and the chap who did it all.

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote