Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

July 2017

Chris C

Mmm, an elegant cohesive design with a light airy cabin containing chrome, wood and lashings of light grey plastic - what's not to like? Shame about the unreliability and rust though. Read more

I've read all the comments some good and some bad, but all I can say mine after three years has been very reliable, super practical being the long wheel base version its like a tardis inside and has a lively engine being the A210. I've never had any problems with rust, its had full service history and was looked after well by previous owners. The only gripe I would say is the harsh ride, but it is the sporty version. Time will tell if it becomes a classic, but its clever design and interior space for such a small car makes its quite unique. Being a sandwich floor design the engine slides below the second floor in a frontal impact. It is a very safe design for a smaller car. It's quite lightweight so can be economical on a longer drive. I will be keeping mine, even though its 17 year old, along with my old Saab same age... perhaps a future classic..

That's great all the time there are still petrol/diesel stations to fill up our classic cars which are themselves less able to travel long distances between fuel stations due to their lower MPG's Read more

Abel Higgins

When it comes to reliable exterior deep cleaning services in Watson ACT and its vicinity, Canberra Pressure Cleaning is the answer. Our application of cutting-edge equipment and top-notch pressure cleaning techniques distinguishes us, achieving outstanding results for surfaces of different types, regardless of the scope of the external cleaning assignment.

Robin Hall

When did the outside bonnet locks cease and at what chassis number? Read more

Take a look at the Citroen VISA GTi
One of the best I have ever had
6 dials in all and warning lights Read more

Christopher Baglin

Ah yes, the Fiat Tipo dashboard... used to own a rare 1.8.ie Gran Turismo ('warm hatch' variant- although actually it was pretty b***** fast). The dashboard was fairly good in low light, but in the kind of direct sunlight that they get in Italy (and on sunny days here) it was almost impossible to read without cupping your hand over it to provide shade. And the tacho was even harder to read under such circumstances, especially as the Twin-Cam Fiat lump was very free-revving.

At least it didn't actually go wrong, as they are prone to...

HairyJones

I was one of those in the original team that conceived and developed the Scorpio and remember it well. It was an attempt to try something bold, different and how Ford can maximize it's investment with very limited funding. Read more

Mark
I have A black scorpio 2.0 liter I have had it for 17 years. And has covered 314000 miles still all original . The body is very good but could do with a respray . I also had a diesel one as my taxi and it was the most comfortable car I have ever owned and for road manners a match for any 5 series BMW and much better then a Mercedes E class which I got to replace the scorpio diesel so disappointed with the Merc. That was a 98 E class 3 litre turbo diesel automatic . THE SCORPIO IS A MUCH BETTET CAR and more practical.

glidermania

I remember a Toyota salesman telling me they were pitching the car at buyers who would like a boxter. I just shook my head and walked out the showroom at such boll*cks. Read more

MR2MAD

I recall a well respected motor garage owner telling me in no uncertain terms that over the years he'd owned 2 Boxters AND 3 MR2 Roadsters and if he was to choose again he'd have no hesitation in choosing the MR2. They're Rock solid, reliable and a whole heap of FUN! However if you're in a position to and happy to pay a premium for the Porsche badge, far fewer mpg and all the repair and service costs that go with it then by all means I thoroughly recommend you buy a Boxter!

hillman

After 26 years storage my Wolseley 6/110 MkII has seized front hubs, probably due to rust between the disc and the shoes. When I was using it I used to buy rear hub bearings that were the same as that used on the London black taxi. I was once told that the back axle was the same. Does anyone know whether the front hubs were shared with any other vehicle ? Where can I buy them ? Read more

Chrisjm

I had one as a company demo when I worked in VW dealer back in 2001. Took me ages to persuade our Sales Manager that running one of these over a similarly priced and better spec Polo GTI would be a good idea. I loved it. It was expensive, from memory Air-Con was an extra £900+. Climate control was standard on the Polo which also had the same engine and 5dr option.

Alloy body panels, bonnet and doors from memory, and xenon headlights which had a shutter device for High Beam made the car slightly more unique than the Polo Gti. We sold it quite quickly as there where not many stock cars about.

Very fond memory's of blatting about on country lanes in Shropshire where my parents lived at the time.

Great, if expensive, little pocket rocket. Read more

Dave Raval

I owned 0.2% of all the ones registered in the UK - i.e. 2! Sold them because the CO2 was too high and I needed more space. But they've gone up in price since. You can now buy Japanese imports in the UK.

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote