Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

March 2016

Tenchman7

My introduction to the smell of my fathers 1974 Cortina 2.0 GXL MK3 [Daytona yellow, black vinyl roof] was indeed the plastic smell of the interior on a hot summers day!Beige vinyl !!That and the fact my father polished everything with Mer!

Caravan/ Car/ Motorbikes all had the aroma of Mer!... Read more

Wolfrace

A mixture of the smell of hot vying and a damp dog says classic car to me.

chrishale478

Sirs,

I used to own a 1979 VW Scirocco that I scrapped. I want to obtain this Reg for my present 1990 Scirocco. DVLA say it has been discontinued and is no longer available. How can I obtain the use of this number plate.... Read more

Cappuccino Break

Has sadly wiped out all the Hyundai Ponies and S-Coupes, too. Read more

lynklee

The Greek prime minister, Antonis Samaras, stated last week that he thought the 2013 economic downturn would be less severe than anticipated and that it will get better in moto x3m.

Lord Brasic

Camel hair coat, cigar and a trilby hat and off you. For the price its worth a gamble. Driven right they will do 27mpg. The 3.2 is a good old lump if looked after just listen for top end rattle.

At this price it's worth a gamble if it fails an mot you'll get your money back breaking it, better still drive it home garage it for 5 years, it will make more than money in the bank. Read more

blueboy1690

how do i find when my midget was built Read more

PG1234

The British Motor Industry Heritage Trust (BMIHT) will be able to issue a Heritage Certificate showing the exact build date and other crucial information. It costs £42 but is well worth it.

Here's the link to order online: http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/store/heritage-certificates-and-archive-services/heritage-certificates/car-traced-with-chassis-number.html

beardedPete

I'm in the market for a late model Daimler Double Six ( series 3 ( 6.0L ), and have seen a couple of re-imports of Japanese cars, ( which have the advantage of being RHD ).

There's a Haynes owners manual that covers the American export model, but I can't seem to find any specification info for the Japanese export model.... Read more

kiwichas

These cars will merely stop if the cambelt breaks; the valves will not hit the pistons, so cambelt changes can be deferred a long long time; maybe 100,000 miles Read more

anglebox

It's not just the metal under the plastic bodykit that rots - check the sills. Debris can also collect in the wheelcarches, and the seals on the front boot can go.

A Daley

I enjoyed this trip down memory lane. Say what you like about BL / Austin / Rover cars, (although I really liked a lot of them), they did some cracking TV commercials. Batman and Robin ad was a classic. The Two Ronnies commercial was worthy of being a sketch on their TV show. And the driving skill of Russ Swift in a Montego is truly amazing. (I know some people will berate the Montego, but I knew someone who had a 2.0GSi, which had a magnificent wood and leather (&c omfortable) interior, that gave over 200k trouble free miles). Shame this list wasn't a top 11, as another absolute classic ad from BL was the "Austin Metro, a British car to beat the world". An advert which could almost be written for our current Brexit times! It almost predicted the future! www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4-8LgXjQbc
Read more

Garde2001

I really like your post. If you want to save your car, then you can advertise on online platforms. You then automatically link your Google Ads to Search Console. I learned about this information from this link nsdigitalworld.com/2021/10/21/why-should-you-link-.../ Do you know why a client's Google Ads account is linked to Search Console? So that by linking ads to Search Console one can determine conversion drivers and accurately identify relevant results. That is why all these factors make performance analysis very clear and better to give an accurate measure of one's performance. So that, corrective measures can be taken to avoid any problems occurring in the future.

focussed

A mixed collection of french and english classics found in a barn in a small town near me:-

www.ouest-france.fr/bretagne/vannes-56000/vannes-l...2... Read more

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote