Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

November 2016

Mattymatty

Great article. Though the UK "mk1" is actually the "mk2". The cavalier mk3 being the vec mk1. Bound to confuse our European guests! Read more

Christopher Baglin

I seem to remember a light pressure diesel version of the very early Vauxhall Vectras, think it was called a Di, that I used to deliver when I had a 'job on the side' back in the mid '90s for a nationally well-known car hire company.

It actually drove quite well. Far, far better than the contemporary 'understeer at any speed' first-generation Vauxhall Corsa. More recent Corsas aren't exactly anything to write home about, but can't really be called bad cars.

The Vectra was vastly superior to one contemporary, the supposedly 'European' biased Toyota Carina E- the only concession to European tastes apparently being that the indicator stalk was on the left! Otherwise, an underwhelming chassis seemingly fitted with wooden tyres (such were their lack of grip), 'letterbox vision' out of their rear window, and general lack of charisma, really only commended the car to minicab drivers grimly determined to seek out extra-terrestrial mileages before being medically retired due to terminal boredom.

David Fell

The rover 75 is a excellent car. I still own one now and will keep it as long as I can. So sad Rover went bust in the first place. Shame the Roewe 750 wasn't available in the UK because I'm sure it would have sold well. Read more

Timothy C Boles

Loved my MG ZTT CDTi had it for 12 years from new. Would have bought another with 4wd and more rear legroom ie a Roewe 750 estate!? Greatly improved the BMW CDTi engine with a remap.

Toby Service

Good evening
Just to clarify, we (Brightwells) will continue to hold our regular five times a year classic and vintage auctions in leominster with the addition of four new modern classics auctions in 2017. The three auctions at bicester heritage will be additional to the above. All the best to all at HJ....Toby Service, Brightwells Read more

Alan Pearson

Pop up adverts spoiling this website Read more

Derek Roberts

What no Espace?

Lord Brasic

I had a Saab just like this one with over 300k on it. They are great cars.
If you buy this one, just make sure you do the oil and fillter every 6k, or yearly, do that and your reward will be miles of trouble free motoring. If this were an automatic I would be so tempted. Read more

Ian Cole

I bought one earlier this year and am smitten with it. It is one of the least desirable as it is non turbo 4 door saloon. It has one previous owner and only covered 56,000 miles. So far it has proved very reliable too and great on long journies.

WilliamRead

I had a similar white 4 seat 130GL from 1988 - 1991. I took it to the USSR via Czechoslovakia in 1989, and it was the centre of interest at the GDR/CSSR border. The guards and customs staff had never seen a Skoda with alloy wheels, or one with a sunroof and integral aerial, all fitted at Skoda's Kings Lynn import depot. This stretch Skoda certainly looked much better "in the metal" when I saw it on Saturday that many of the stretch Ladas still used as taxis in Cuba in which any safety-conscious traveller is very reluctant to use! Read more

Tony Widdows

Seeing the DKW Munga and how Auto Union was created with Wanderer being one of the 4 companies.
I had never heard of Wanderer cars but I suddenly realised I had a model of a gorgeous looking sports two seater model W25K. It appears to have IFS by transverse leaf spring, and coil springs with a four cylinder OHV crossflow engine.

AlastairW

Didn't realise you were a fellow Stopfordian! Just on the edge of Britain's other motorway ring, the somewhat younger M60. Read more

Robert Chester

Bob C.
During the planning stage it was seriously thought and discussed that a dual carriageway would be sufficient!

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote