Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

April 2016

Tenchman7

The Cortina is a GXL not a GLX.

And a very nice example it is too! in Daytona Yellow with black vinyl roof. with the 2.0 litre engine which will be painted blue on the airfilter housing and camcover. My father had a very nice one when i was 14! NNG 566M. exact same colour and spec. Read more

Lord Brasic

One of the most under-rated cars of its time, and why I'll never know.

Ok so it torque steers and tramlines like a pig, but that’s part of the charm really.... Read more

I have a beautiful 1996 rover 620ti for sale gorgeous car amazing to drive 88,000 miles but being driven daily. She has been in the family for over 14 years. In the Plymouth area of Devon.
caconners@yahoo.co.uk if any interest thank you for your time

Lord Brasic

Nothing wrong with red leather, one to put away really, not the nicest of cars when new but if you play the numbers game, this is getting rarer buy the month.

Read more

renartorluis

RadioFmLuisteren is the perfect online radio portal for everyone. With more than 1000 national and regional radio stations available, there's something for everyone. So whether you're looking for your favorite station or just in the mood to explore, RadioFmLuisteren is the perfect place to start. Read more

Bilboman

(Pedant alert) The Sweeney car was actually a Consul GT, fitted with Granada "XL" trim. Read more

Steven Myatt

They weren't Granadas, Paul; they were Consuls. Steven Myatt

rcaddy

I nearly bought one of these in the early 70's but it was about £1400, over a year's salary. I did buy a Hillman Avenger which was a complete load of rubbish. I had to have new cam followers at just over a year old. Rootes admitted that a batch of cam followers had not been nitrided but did not offer any financial assistance with new ones! Read more

Nocaridea

My son accidentally left bathe lights on my car and drained the battery. He jump started it and though the car runs fine , the speedometer, Rev counter and powers tearing are not working, any idea what the problem might be and could it be serious and therefore costly? Read more

Irish Peter

I know from an AA man who once came across a Fiesta of that age having been jump started had major computer problems afterwards.

Maybe you may get away with a fuse or fuses???...

Lord Brasic

Great looking cars, so much prettier than the newer ones. 165k, sounds a lot but not bad for Saab, use 5 30 fully synthetic oil and change it ever 4 to 5 k, and it will last forever. Chances are the seller may well drop a little on price enough for a new mot would help out a new owner.

Buy it on condition not miles, it’s a car you can really use and enjoy. Join the Saab owners club and get all the help and advice you will ever need, plus some great driving event.... Read more

motorclaimguru

Having served my time on these as a mechanic, love them, and would have one now.

I have had a few of them, and they are pretty much bullet proof. Things to look out for, especially on the turbo models, weak second gear, and it is an engine and gearbox out job, none turbo models not really an issue....

Dud Fivers

Does anyone know if a pre-selector counts as an auto for licence purposes? my wife has an auto only licence and would like me to get an real oldie that she can drive. Post 1960 or so there are quite a few, mainly Rovers, but pre-1960, not many. Read more

jc2

Some of the larger engined vehicles used a fluid flywheel(like a torque converter on an auto) but many of the smaller engined vehicles used the first gear brake-band as a clutch.

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote