Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

What is the best way to sell classic car parts?

My dad is moving and has dug out my old hubcaps from the MG Magnette I had in the 1980s. Do you have any idea how much we could sell them for and where? I think he has approached MG Owners Club but no idea what to ask.

Asked on 20 October 2017 by Lucie Motion

Answered by Keith Moody
You've got a few options open to you when it comes to selling. You could try placing a traditional 'for sale' advert in classic car newspapers and magazines. Or you could place an advert online in the classifieds of classic car website. There's always internet auction site eBay or you could take them to an autojumble. And, as you've already mentioned, you could contact the clubs to see if they want them for their spares operation (or know of a club member who needs them). Some of these options are free, others will charge, while sites like eBay will take a cut of the sales price. As for the value of the items - it depends entirely on their condition, but I think you'd be looking at about £10 - £15 each.
Similar questions
Where can I buy an exhaust for a 1936 Morris 10/4 sliding head?
Will it be okay to fit a starter from a Morris Minor to Wolseley 1500?
I inherited my father-in-law's 1998 Ford Puma. It turned out to be very rusty throughout. Eventually, with welding and new front sub-frame, everything was fixed. However, I have noticed a hydraulic fluid...
Related models
Cheap and simple to fix, good parts availability, nice interior

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote