Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

The DVLA has no record of my classic car - how do I get it registered again?

I have owned my 1965 Volkswagen Beetle 1300 since early 1966. The reg is GXE 537C but it has been off the road for many years. I am aiming to sell it but DVLA tell me it has no record of the vehicle. I still have the original green 'log book'. What is the procedure to get this car into the system again?

Asked on 3 January 2019 by Bryan Page

Answered by Keith Moody
Head over to: You need to fill in form V765 and send it together with the original logbook to: K and R, DVLA SA99 1ZZ. Rod at Historic VWs can help with the endorsement (
Similar questions
I bought a small used car for my daughter as a first car six weeks ago but have not yet received the new V5C in her name. The 'one man band' dealer, who operates from home, had provided me with the new...
I have discovered an old car in a garage I recently bought. It has all the old paperwork but doesn't appear to be registered with the DVLA. How can I register it and transfer ownership?
I'm in the process of buying a Japanese import car. The seller has applied to the DVLA to obtain the V5 logbook but after weeks of waiting and weekly calls requesting an update: nothing! When the seller...
Related models
Much improved performance and visibility, cheaper and better value than early cars. Excellent traction in snow and rough conditions.

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote