Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

August 2018

Gareth Parsons

Pretty sure the (Heavily SAAB influenced) premium platform never found its way to any other car due to its cos (and weight)t. The Vauxhall Signum, Vectra estate and Fiat Croma used the simpler Episilon platform. Read more

Pete Defew

Having owned 12 Alfas over the years, the 159 I currently drive, has to be one of the best. On its own amongst the fleets of boxy Range-Rover styled cars, with their Christmas Tree driving lights, the 159 still aquires admiring glances from the Audi-BMW brigade, and the handling is both responsive, and fun to drive.

Captain-Cretin

I drove a few of those V6 Omegas; some in police trim, while working for Vauxhall Fleet; they were awesomely good fun.

In contrast, the V6 Calibra was a bag of poo due to the awful gearbox and clutch. Read more

shush

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy babe, does ur car run on vodka?

expertad

Ok let's get real.I don't get the NASA reference to the 'ride quality',this has simple suspension with springs/dampers.Not bad to zip about in,briefly had a turbo version that went well and ahead of VAG's 20v turbo unit.Shame it ended so badly,Rover was on a bit of a roll here........ Read more

Stephen Everett

From memory, Rover used a NASA NVH metric when developing the ride and sound insulation. So the only way NASA was involved is they lent Rover their ruler.

Still, for a '90s small car it was quiet and it still rides better than most cars now. But after 25 years progress the NVH will seem awful compared to any 2020 car.

We ran a diesel version (Rover -Perkins 2 litre rattler) for many years and it was a shiny, solid, reliable car full of leather and kit. It was good steer down a twisty road and always bested 50mpg.

If someone offered me a 200bhp turbo GSifor a few hundred quid I would be tempted...

Neil Rapey

Damn good cars these, feel solid and chunky, they feel more robust than a focus but not as fashionable. Also the LS model has digital out side temperature readout something the focus never had only as an option on the Ghia model.
The engines are super simple just re worked from previous models. Read more

Steve Berridge

The poor Astra G was a very good car let down by characterless styling and being launched just months before the iconic Mk1 Ford Focus. They seem more rust resistant than their Ford rivals and period road tests suggested the handling wasn't a million miles away either. Definitely worth buying one of the sporty variants as the SRI/GTE/GSI Astras/Novas and Corsas are quite hot currently in the modern classic world, but not sure a bread and butter one will ever be worth much, unless its a mega low mileage curiosity.

sima dorin

who can help me with the code on the radio V026253 Read more

sima dorin

OK thank you very much

expertad

Years ago I was loaned a 518I when my 535i sport was in for a service.You can easily climb into the engine bay with that little lump in there! but it was fine,smooth enough and brisk enough and with all the solid quality of the E34.Still way better with a six cylinder though,I had several and the pick was probably the 525I from about 1994.BMW were way ahead back then,recently drove a Kia something or other and really not much difference to my company 320d. Read more

I quite agree. I worked in sales for Apricot computers ( Birmingham business park) and was lucky enough to have a “brilliant rot “ (bright red) 518i . I loved it. All my colleagues were stuck with mediocre dull Sierra’s, Volvos and Cavaliers. The 518i performance wasn’t bad ( once it was underway). A large number of turns lock to lock for its recirculating ball steering though. Grip levels high and the gearbox like a rifle bolt action.

A Daley

And get one in red so you can look like Postman Pat. Read more

Hannahwalters

Its looks too good for a normal family car and its body shape is too attractive,When seeking dissertation writing help online, finding a reliable expert assignment help is crucial. Follow these steps to handle the process effectively:

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote