Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

April 2018

expertad

The Chevette,or 'Shove it' as it was known as,was rubbish.As was the viva.Had a mk1 Cavalier 2000 in the eighties which was more like it.Six dial instruments,lovely velour seats,put Vauxhall on the map.Followed by an SRI in 1984,survived 220,000 miles of my driving and I still couldn't kill it.Recaro seats,an oil pressure gauge,never let me down.Got a five series and a company Audi now,still miss my old Cav for some reason,especially the abysmally heavy steering when trying to park. Read more

Frank Carroll

I bought an Opel Manta from new in 1985. Gotta say it was pretty rubbish, but I loved it.
I bought a Cavalier Mk11 from an auction years later. It had 70k on the clock. Sold it a year later with 84k on the clock, and I made a profit.

rob thailand

Maybe I am wrong but surely the ZX Volcane was the highest specified ZX. My girlfriend at the time chose one as a company car - K reg. It had a much plusher interior than this one and sports seats. Read more

The original S8 was not turbocharged. Read more

I’ve owned both the VW Phaeton and still own my Audi A8-L. Both are almost identical but I loved the VW more from a driving perspective. I traded the Phaeton for the A8L but wished I hadn’t.

Martin Frost

Great stuff!!!!!!
He would be great on the other show along with the new mechanic then they could get rid of the pompous "Old owt your and guy!!!

Frosty Read more

Sam Boyd

That other guy with ED. WAS AN IDIOT TALENTLESS OF COURSE.

Peter McGuire

Where is the "Quartic" steering wheel BL made such a fuss about?
Read more

jemis

www.dumpscafe.com/ is the right choice for student of IT to pass the exam well and quickly. Download the latest exam DumpsCafe, practice exams from the member's area, and memorize the Q&A rea www.dumpscafe.com/SAP-exams.html l exam dumps before appearing in the real exam. We provide download access to up-to-date questions, answers Brain dumps in PDF format. If you can’t find your required exam dumps here, then you can request our support team to arrange that exam dumps for you. Read more

Chris C

It's even more complicated with Jeep since Renault effectively owned AMC from 1979 to 1987. Read more

oldchemist

I was always surprised BMW continued to use the MINI brand for less and less mini like cars when they could have re launched Triumph. By now we could have had Spitfires, Dolomites (& Sprints) , Toledos, Stags even and maybe 2000/2500 like sports saloons or SUVS ?? What a shame.

Richard Piers

I worked for Triumph at the time and there are a number of points in your article above that do not ring true. Don't remember any such thing as a Project Development Dept and certainly not at Canley, all such work was done at Fletch North and in much smaller numbers than you imply. Read more

Sulphur Man

The Playboy bunny sticker/air freshener on the dash...perfect Read more

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote