Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

May 2018

James2018

Parked up on a drive near my sister in law's place.

It was in really good condition "S" reg in an orage colour. This one had a boot.... Read more

martin.mc

I had a new Chevette estate as a company car in 1977 when I worked for Granada TV rental. They had previously used Vauxhall Viva estates. The Chevette was a nice car but very basic by today's standards. They were a common sight on the roads up to the late 1980s. Haven't seen one for ages though.

expertad

They are surprisingly good,I had one for a few years before getting an E39 540i BMW.Mine was 'chipped' to 280BHP but handled it well.No problems in four years,the interior is a bit low rent.a few bits of trim fell off but never let me down.Vauxhall have produced some good stuff like my 83 Cavalier SRI which I had new and was leagues ahead of Sierra's and stuff.For a few grand,worth hunting down. Read more

Matthew King 80

I actually think the interior's aged quite well, the Mk3 Mondeo's dash seemed much nicer at the time, it now seems very dated

Adnan Reta

Use to have a 1.9 petrol and it was pretty good. Got it up to 120 and I swear the quicker you went the more planted it felt so the little aero that the car had must have worked really well. The engine didn't sound too stressed either. Had to let it go in the end due to electrical problems. What a surprise on a Citroen. Read more

A Daley

It's quite hard to find a nice one. I'd happily have one if I could. I remember clearly that even Jeremy Clarkson - yes I know! - even gave it a good review on old Top Gear. There's probably a video of that on YouTube somewhere... Of course, he's never had a good word to say about Rover since mind you, which is a shame. Read more

mrick

One could always submit an "exempt" vehicle for an MoT-spec Test.
Whether the tester would confirm, in writing, that the vehicle met MoT requirements (assuming he was willing to test the vehicle), and whether that would satify insurance companies in the event of an accident, remains to be seen!
Read more

hissingsid

I also thought that the exemption of vehicles over 40 years old comes into force this year, not next year, but for my own peace of mind I will continue to have my classic car MoT'd regardless of any changes. I like to know that it has been examined by a professional.
"But I checked it myself" will not impress the Police or the Insurance Company in the event of an accident, even if it is not your fault.

n1m0r

i need a code for my car radio please if you can help, the serial number is m096060 . thanks in advance Read more

n1m0r

Thanks a mill

simon john

What a classic,would stand out in any car collection brilliant!! Read more

simon john

What a classic, brilliant!!

James0075

Nice but early versions look like it borrowed parts, engines and interiors from an E39 5 series parts bin.

Nothing wrong with that as that was an excellent car. Read more

Amazing condition Read more

colric

The day after I asked HJ for some advice about rear disc corrosion, he arranged for Edd to demonstrate how to fit new rear discs to a car.
Now that is what I call dedication to his calling....Cheers HJ.....and Edd.

Read more

Brian O’Connor

Ed really was great on WD, he made everyt task look achievable, he gave you the belief that we could do those mechanical tasks ourselves. Not only that but people respected him for his honest and simplistic approach and simply the fact that he came over as a really nice guy. Like all your thousands of admirers Ed I wish you the best of luck with you new show, I am sure it will be a big success.

Ps. I do think the criticism of Mike Brewer is unfair.WD is a show and we really do not know the format the producers wanted the show present on screen.

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote