Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

Risk action

After some effort I have succeeded in getting my insurance company to repair my excellent condition 1998S SAAB 9000 CSE Automatic, which, as you’ll realise, was the last model year before the GM takeover. The main damage was to two doors, nothing structural, but the fate of the car hung in the balance since my insurer only valued it at £900. I would prefer to have a policy by which the insurer will pay up to a pre-agreed amount to repair accident damage, regardless of how caused, say £2,500. Do such policies exist under the heading ‘Classic Car Insurance’, and are they considerably more costly?

Asked on 15 August 2009 by

Answered by Honest John
Try these for an agreed value policy: ; ; . Agreed value, restricted mileage policies generally represent a lower underwriting risk, so are cheaper.
Similar questions
I own a LHD 1982 Mercedes-Benz 380SL, with a full service history and 104,000 miles. I've had an agreed value policy for £10,000 on since I bought it in 2000, should I raise/lower that at next renewal?...
I own a Triumph Stag. I want a classic car policy for the agreed valuation etc. I would like my 17 year old son to be able to drive it on his provisional licence initially (as both our modern cars are...
We drove our classic Riley 300 miles to Cornwall to be the bridal car for a friend's wedding, only for some idiot, who was clearly driving without due care and attention, to reverse into us, stoving in...

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote