Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks
Ask a Question

My classic car shows no MoT status on the DVLA site - is that normal for MoT exempt vehicles?

I took my V5, insurance certificate and V112 (MoT exempt declaration) to the post office to tax my 1968 Morris Minor, which was currently SORN'd and is classed as 'Historic' on the V5. On the DVLA website, the VED status is now shown as 'taxed'. However, the MoT status is shown as 'no results returned'. Will I get pulled over by the police if I drive my car?

Asked on by

If a driver wishes to tax a vehicle that is more than 40 years old and which hasn’t been substantially altered in the past 30 years, you must either have an MoT which is valid on the date the vehicle tax starts, or make a declaration of exemption from MoT. In this case, your car is exempt and the DVLA would not receive any MoT test data - that means it's okay for you to drive the car now.
Similar questions
I purchased a 1967 Austin Healey Sprite Mk4 in September 2017 and it has since been SORN'd. How do I apply for tax and MoT exemption when it comes into effect in May 2018 if I cannot get the relevant forms?
I've come across a garage that specialises in selling Morris 1000. They also improve/modify them by fitting disk brakes, brake servos, Inertia reel seatbelts etc. The garage in question is
Where can I find front and back bumpers for a 1966 Morris Minor?

Ask Honest John

Amount to borrow
Sorry. The minimum loan amount is £1000
To pay back over

My credit score

Best available rate 9.20%

Total repayment £8,930.17

Total cost of credit £1,430.17


48 monthly payments

Apply now

Representative example

Borrowing £7,500 over 4 years with a representative APR of 25.4%, an annual interest rate of 25.4% (Fixed) and a deposit of £0.00, the amount payable would be £239.77 per month, with a total cost of credit of £4,008.96 and a total amount payable of £11,508.96.

CarFinance 247 Limited is acting as an independent credit broker

Universal Square, Devonshire Street North, Manchester, M12 6JH