Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

July 2007

stardust

Hi,

I am looking for the original colours of the cars listed below, does anyone have any original colour cards or swatches from this period or can anyone help or suggest where I might look

Austin Somerset
Austin A40 Cambridge
Hillman Minx V111
Hillman Minx convertible series 111
Morris Minor [ up to 1957]
MGA
MG TF
Standard 10
Triumph TR2 & 3 [up to 1957]
Vauxhall Velox E type [up to 1955]

Cheers

Alan
Read more

Altea Ego

As they are all mostly BMC* the museum at gaydon should be your source of info.

www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/sectionpages/archi...l

*Whats the vauxhall velox doing in there? That came in rust red only.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >

ricohman

Ive had a E30 BMW 320 on classic insurance with Carole Nash for 3 years, and just got my renewal and it didnt show any NCB, when i rung they said you dont get NCB with a classic insurance, which i didnt know, so i have had 3 years motoring without any NCB

I was thinking of getting a newer car next year, but looks like i wont be able too prove how many years NCB i have, because i read somewhere that NCB expires after 2 years.

Is this right, or is there a way out this, so i dont have too start again with 0 NCB? Read more

ricohman

Been on to Carole Nash again (different person more helpfull) and she said that they would "provide evidence that i have a claim free record with them" if i change my insurance to another company, so panic over, i hope.

Thanks for all replys

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote