Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

April 2007

domcr

We have a 2002 astra convertible. Yesterday we tried to power down the hood. However the car just made a bleeping sound and would not open the roof. When we first unlocked the car the alarm bleeped once, I assumed that it had a false trigger or something had been left open?

I checked all the windows were up ? no difference. I also tried to power the hood with the windows down ? no difference. Hand Brake was on every time we tried.

When we got home I opened all the windows and tried again, it unlocked the windscreen section about six inches and then started bleeping again and got stuck!

In the end I had to manually wind the roof back to closed with the allen key.

Cars only done 16K.

Any suggestions ? I am thinking along the lines of a sensor or bad connection?

Dom
Read more

Ana William

It's possible that there was a problem with the roof mechanism that prevented it from opening. It's also possible that there was an issue with the alarm system that caused it to trigger. It's best to have the car checked by a mechanic to determine the cause of the problem.

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote