Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

Where can I find an imperial socket set?

I'm rebuilding a 1964 Triumph Spitfire here in France I need a non-metric socket set but don't seem to be able to find one over here or online. Can you please advise on a suitable site for an internet buy?

Asked on 5 March 2018 by Watson

Answered by Keith Moody
You shouldn't have much trouble finding an imperial socket set to buy online. The best advice is to avoid the really cheap stuff and go for a decent product. A mid-range set from Sealey or Draper is fine, while at the higher end you've got brands like Teng Tools and Snap-On. A 3/8in driver set should be fine, but try and get one with deep sockets.
Similar questions
I bought an immaculate Volvo 245 two years ago and have been gradually working through glitches. It went through its MoT two weeks ago with no advisories. I've had 240s in the past with no steering problems....
Do you know where I can get an air filter for my 1986 Ford Sierra Cosworth? Ford don't list this item and I've tried Euro Car Parts, Car Parts 4 Less, etc.
The bonnet of my Rover 75 is stuck, what should I do?

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote