Selling your classic car? It's FREE to list your car on Honest John Classics | No thanks

May 2005

JH

I've just got back from a week in Devon (the week before it fills up with caravans) and while I was there I spotted a garage in a village called Chapmans Well which had a forecourt full of rotting old 60s sports cars. I'm not sure that the garage is in operation because the forecourt was literally full of rusting old cars.

From memory the cars included an MGA, a Triumph Stag and a Jaguar saloon (Inspector Morse shape). Sorry, can't remember any more, I was trying to watch where I was going at the time.

Does anyone know the story ?

John
Read more

Tomo

All this is a natural process; if I had £1,000 for all the things I was going to do I'd have the price of something really interesting!

There's no real harm done; after most of the heaps have been eventually cleared away, those remaining become the basis of restorations of what have now become very rare, desirable and valuable machines, which on completion are made the subject of articles in one of the classic mags; and any one of which may, curiously enough, also appear in a premium panel among the classifieds in the same number, at a suitably astronomical price.

I am trying to protect Toad the Supra from any nasty fate.

Compare classic car insurance quotes and buy online. A friendly service offering access to a range of policies and benefits.

Get a quote