Warszawa cars were built in Poland between 1951 and 1973 by the Fabryka Samochodów Osobowych in the city they were named after. The Warszawa was the first new-design Polish car built after WW2. Warszawas were popular as taxis because of their sturdiness and ruggedness. However, due to their weight they were underpowered and had high fuel consumption. In total, 254,471 cars were made.