Advent 2015

Native Wideclassics Copy

Gift Guide

Classics Ggg Native2

Classics Our Cars (1)

Owners Native

Mot Tests Classics

Road Tax Classics

Native No Border How Many Survived

Ask a Question

What's your question? Search here

Car tax and imported cars?
On reading on some of the comments regarding car road tax I came across mention that on an imported car the first registration date for the calculation of road tax was the date that it was registered in the UK.

I own a 1992 Mazda Eunos that was imported from Japan in May 2006 and am paying the rate for a car registered in the UK in 1992 - £220 per year is this correct?

Asked on 13 May 2013 by dunc51

Answered by Honest John
If the build date is not known and the CO2 is not on official EC records, then it it based on the date of importation.
Similar questions
Do you know, if I imported a classic car say 1965 or 1966 manufacture, would I get a 'C' or a 'D' registration plate in this country? Or would it be one...
I'm thinking of buying a Mazda MX-5 Mk1. I would like to get the English version but how do you rate this against the import? Do you know the insurance...
I have seen advertised on Pistonheads a Porsche 911 which is considerably cheaper than most others particularly for the age. Although advertised as being...
Related models
An everyday roadster with terrific handling. Generally very reliable. Cheap to buy and run.

Classic Cars For Sale


Buying Advice

Honest John's Newsletter

Connect with Honest John

Facebook YouTube